One of the best things about the holiday season is the way we’re able to enjoy beloved rituals. For some, it’s playing holiday music while decorating a Christmas tree or reverently lighting a menorah candle. No matter how we celebrate the season in our gorgeous Charlotte, most of us find time to bake our favorite treats.
And that’s where these fun and delicious cookies come in. Take a look at the melted snowman cookies and you may just decide to add them into your baking rotation.
Melted Snowman Cookie Ingredients
- 4 egg whites
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Either use your favorite sugar cookie recipe or make it easy on yourself by using cut-and-bake cookies from the grocery store. You’ll need 24 cookies.
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube black decorating gel
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube orange decorating gel
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube blue decorating gel
- Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until frothy. Slowly add enough confectioners’ sugar (it will help icing hold its shape). Blend in lemon juice until you achieve desired consistency.
- Once they are baked, arrange cookies about one inch apart on a sheet of waxed paper. Spread icing onto each cookie. Go ahead, be a little messy. It will look more like melting snow.
- Place one marshmallow on a greased microwave-safe plate. Heat until the marshmallow begins to puff (normally, 20 to 30 seconds). Immediately place the puffed marshmallow on the edge of one cookie while the icing is still wet. Repeat until every cookie has a marshmallow.
- Give the melted snowmen twig arms, coal eyes, and a mouth by using black decorating gel. Use orange decorating gel to create a carrot nose. Create coat buttons by adding drops of blue decorating gel down the middle of the icing. Add a scarf or bow tie with the gel color of your choice.
- Allow cookies to dry before removing them from waxed paper.