How will you be spending Valentine's Day? Many will spend it sending (or receiving) flowers. Others will be going out to dinner or stepping out for cocktails. Still, others may spend a quiet evening at their Charlotte, NC apartment. Whatever your choice, here are a few fun facts about the holiday to get you inspired!
Did you know?
- Other than Christmas, more cards are given on Valentine's Day than on any other holiday.
- When it comes to giving flowers, only Mother's Day is more popular than Valentine's Day.
- Valentine's Day cards were first mass-produced in 1913.
- It is estimated that 15-20 percent of women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
- Kids and teachers receive the most Valentine's Day cards, with mothers coming in third.
- Men spend about twice as much on Valentine's Day as women.
- Red roses are the most popular flower given on Valentine's Day.
- It is estimated that about 9 million people give their pet some form of a Valentine's Day gift each year.
- People ages 25-34 spend the most on Valentine's Day.
- About $4 billion is spent annually on jewelry for Valentine's Day while about $2 billion is spent on flowers.
The Queen City is an excellent place to live and work with a variety of entertainment, dining, and shopping options! If you are aware of someone looking to move to Charlotte, NC, we encourage you to share the word about Addison Park! For more information, contact us by calling our offices or through our website.